Monday, August 13, 2012

Case Study Challenge - thinking outside the box

Well, everything about this card is thinking out of the box for me - literally and figuratively. Weird - 1st time I've used washi tape!!!! Admired it from afar but have never used it.
Never has my card been higher than using a popup to raise a little thing. I would never put a box on my card - this will have to be hand delivered. And i know just the cutie I am gonna give it to and he is gonna love it!

I don't like Halloween but I saw Christina Kowalczyk's really cool cards on her blog and it got me turned on to Halloween. It happens every year. I am weak this way. You can click here to see all her ghost and goblins : Cristina Kowalczyk. So this is a round about way to say this is how I decided to make a card for the Case Study Challenge.

I used vellum for my ghost. (Cristina did too!) I then embossed him/her. I also free handed a cobweb on the back of the box and embossed that with silver embossing powder. I used white coated wire to hold the ghost up so he would spring out of the box! And the washi tape... it's the first time I've touched it - haha. Sad really. My life was fine without it - and I'm going to want it all now.



Thanks for stopping by. Leave me some tricks or treats!


2 comments:

  1. How wonderfully creative and all-round fabulous!!! I'm so glad you challenged yourself and discovered different products - I love washi tape :)
    Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so adorable! I love your creativity. We have a dear friend who makes us the most wonderful cards and I treasure them all, almost as much as the words that she writes inside. As I'm sure the recipients of your creations do, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog!