Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Casual Friday Challenge and CASE Study Challenge


I don't ever do this... but, I made one card for two different challenges. It wasn't like I wasn't focusing completely on either challenge. They both just seemed to go together nicely with this card, I hope!

                             CFC60 Use text in your Clean And Simple design

and



Both CAS-ual Friday and CASE Study have wonderful design teams with great card ideas. Click on the links above to see what they have cooking over there this week! 

My card needed to be clean and simple (CAS) and use text in the main part of the design. That was what was needed for the CAS-ual Friday card. For the CASE Study Challenge card I had to have a card based on a card made by the talented  Kristii Lockart. You can view her card on her blog. This is what I came up with:


I made the card 5 1/2 x 4 1/2. Normally, that would be 4 1/4, but I wanted the extra edge so I could stamp additional text going in different directions. I used opaque embossing to give it a nice cream look next to my off-white satin ribbon, SU newspaper paper, and the paper I put in the typewriter. I also embossed the SU typewriter with Ranger Black embossing powder. I did pop up the typewriter except under the keys, that way I could run my ribbon under it nice and easy. That was not always the case with ribbons and typewriters! Since I was going for old fashion, I stapled the ribbon. Not that the stapler is old fashion, but it's getting there!

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment. 

4 comments:

  1. Such a FUN card!! Love how you used black to make it elegant, yet so trendy! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Now this is what I call an eye catcher! I agree with Chupa totally! That black makes it so elegant! Thanks for playing with us this week at CASE Study Challenge! I hope to see you again on the next challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Jeanne and two great challenges combined! Thanks for joining us at CASE and CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! LOVE the black and white- great design! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog!